Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Give me my spinning wheel!

Ah. It's been a week or so since I bought the "Schippertje" spinning wheel. I sent the money immediately, I was so happy and so keen to lay my hands on this beauty! But since that day, I didn't hear a word from the seller. No "Thank you, your spinning wheel has been sent", no "Thanks for the transaction", no "Hey, you forgot 8 Cent!". Just nothing.

Yes, I'm a bit impatient, it's only been a week and the wheel has to be shipped from the Netherlands, but I already spun my farewell-yarn on my old "Sleeping Beauty". And it's sold! Right, it's still here, but it would just feel strange so go back and spin again on it... I said good bye and it would feel strangely wrong.

And the worst of all: I don't want to spin on my drop spindle, either. So I just sit here, windows open, listening for the sound of a transporter to bring me my new spinning wheel.

9 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say: I am impatient, too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hach... Gut Ding will hoffentlich auch Weile haben, nicht? Ich drücke Dir jedenfalls die Daumen, dass es dieser Tage bei Dir ankommt.

    Liebe Grüsse von der

    Garnprinzessin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dankeschön, ihr zwei!
    Thanks to you two!

    :-)
    TQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good time to do some fleece washing or dyeing or just shop for all the lovely fibers you're going to need when it arrives.

    I'm impatient too...I've actually got it down to a science when the different trucks arrive with my fiber purchases. I can identify the different carriers by the sounds of their transmissions whining as they back down our dead end street. Stand clear of me, I am truly addicted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good idea! But sadly I dyed all fiber I have in my stash. We (Weird & me) already ordered more, but that's just on its way, too... So I guess I have to be patient.

    Well, I could do some studying, my examinations are drawing nearer and nearer. *sighs*

    But as soon as ANYTHING, new fiber or spinning wheel, arrives, I'll busy myself with stuff that's a but more enjoyable. At times, at least. ;-)

    Cheers,
    TQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, I am late, I only now found this blog - silly me. :)
    Weird, your impatience will have an end soon, at least regarding the wheel! I am really impatient about the fibres and beads now, too!

    Btw, did I hear you got a traditional, TQ?

    Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that's right - for a neat price, that is! ;-) I'm really happy about that, so I'll be able to choose which of the two fits me best! :-)

    Cheers,
    TQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much are we talking? Do you mean that even of your new buys you will only keep one? How can you part with so many wheels, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well... I'm getting used to it. :-) I just can't keep them all as I don't have enough money - or space here.

    Cheers,
    TQ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails