Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tentacular Knitting Project(s)

I found an intriguing pattern called Tentaculum. I was in posession of a wonderful skein of art yarn at the time which I really wanted to knit up myself, and the two kind of happened to coincide. Here's the result :-)


I originally intended to make and keep this for myself, but then I decided to give it to my mum for her birthday. It felt right and she likes it :-)

I made another one I didn't really intend to keep, but now I am wondering... I wanted to knit another one because I had so much fun with the pattern, and I decided to spin a white snowflake art yarn since I've always wanted to knit one of those myself. The thing is - I don't like wearing white. I don't think it looks good on me, and I usually prefer black with a splash of either red, green oder dark teal. All I wanted was the bliss of knitting a wonderful mixed-fibre art yarn with snowflake sequins into a fun garment which I could then trade or give as a gift. Then I put it around my neck and was amazed how white actually can look quite good on me - unfamiliar, but not at all bad. So now I am not sure whether I'll keep it or not. I haven't even gotten around to weaving in the ends and blocking the thing, which is why I can only show you a picture from the very beginning:


I am so in love with these snowflake sequins! I always have been, from the first time I saw them :-) I even wondered whether they might look good in a black or teal yarn *g* Maybe I'll try that some day.


2 comments:

  1. that's on my list, too! I must admit that I prefer the green/turquoise one to the one in white:) and if you don't like the white after all - you could always paint the shawl, when it's finished? after seeing a painted stole/dress in an older vogue, I am itching to give that a try myself....

    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! But I suppose if I didn't like wearing it in the end I would probably rather spin another yarn and knit another tentacle as it is so much fun. And I think the white one does look good - with the snow flakes, the silver thread and the silver beads... It would be sad to destroy the composition, somehow - although the idea of painting it does have a great appeal, too.

    As you can see, I am in two minds about this. I'll wait for winter (the real one, not this copy we have right now) and decide then.

    Also, I still haven't woven in the ends, shame on me. Doing this and the blocking is the least fun part about knitting for me...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails