Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar!

I did it! I really spun a whole Harry Potter art yarn advent calendar, or more precisely, enough yardage for three of them (one of which already sold). I already wrote about the project here, and I started spinning immediately after writing the blog post. It took me over a week to finish all the 24 mini skeins of delicious Harry Potter themed art yarn, and it was so worth the time - and also a lot of fun.


I decided on spinning scenes / people / places / phrases in chronological order from the book, so the finished object will tell the story from beginning to end, starting on Privet Drive and ending with Gryffindor winning the house cup. The mini skeins are as complex as my regular skeins, and as much careful planning and working out the details (and, of course, spinning skills) went into each of them.

The calendar is already listed on Etsy - without pictures, so as not to spoil any surprises. I decided to do the revealment as a virtual advent calendar, so from December 1 to December 24 there will be a blog post each day, taking you through the story of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone again, and showing off all the yarns :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails