Saturday, June 6, 2009

Look at these beauties!

All my life I've been collecting stuff from the beach - stones, shells, driftwood, amber. When my family looked for one of their members at the beach, they were quite easy to spot: we were always the ones bending over, looking for little trasures ;-)
I especially like stones with natural holes in them since they can be made into great decorative items. It never occurred to me to drill holes into "normal" pebbles, and if it had, I don't know if I would have tried it. So my hole-less stones and shells keep sitting in my cupboard, occasionally being looked at. A few months ago, I stumbled upon a shop on etsy where you can buy the most beautiful, drilled stones - stonestudiostoo - and I was immediately taken with it. I thought about ordering some stones but didn't have any ideas as to what to do with them at that time. When that changed (about two weeks ago) I finally ordered the most gorgeous pebbles - and here they are:

(The picture could be better, if you want to get another glimpse you may look here)

I had specific wishes concerning size and form - I wanted tiny buttons for mobile cosies, neck cuffs and the like, and rather large pendants for secret purposes (for now) - and Rhonda collected my stones specially. She was very nice, as well and the shipment took only a week. AND I got four small pendants as a thank you present! I am very happy with my order and will definitely be back for more stones when I know what to make from them. Thank you so much again, Rhonda!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails