Monday, July 25, 2011

Cute Lil Cthulhu

Last week, I ordered "Creepy Cute Crochet", which had been sitting on my Amazon wish list for a long time. I started on crazy cute Cthulhu right away, and quickly realized I really had no idea about crochet. I mean, I have been able to make chain stitches and single crochets ever since school, but everything else was just a vage kind of "oh yeah, I've heard of such a thing". I am so glad there are  useful videos on Youtube, teaching me what I had to know :-)
The wings were quite a challenge, but today I discovered the author provided help videos on them, so I'll try again later, hopefully with more success. There are also free expansion patterns on the author's website, and I was delighted to discover a Viking and The Valkyrie. But for now, I'll stick to Cthulhu here, can't have him wandering about without wings or eyes (the arms are now done, at least). The next thing I want to make is the Skeleton Bride and Groom, they are so cute!
My wonderful husband consented to a Christmas tree decoration of skeletons, ninjas, cthulhus and whatever else I'll make from the book. NOW I'm looking forward to Christmas! :-D


Oh, and I also went yarn bombing again, this time in a beautiful little place called Dilsberg. We went there for coffee and a walk with my dad who visited with us for a few days. Installing the graffiti was quite funny since there was a group of little girls coming around the corner who were curious and a little sassy. They asked what it was, if I was allowed to install it and so on - but they consented that no one else asks if they can spray graffitis on the walls, and that a yarn bomb is easily removable should anyone really hate it.
I also found some colourful flowers on our walk. It was a great day :-)

2 comments:

  1. How cute! And creepy! :-)
    I wish I'd know something more about crocheting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it is creepy cute! I am starting to feel the amigurumi crazyness too ;) It sure is fun.

    Nice yarn bombing too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails