Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Addiction: Avatar (The Last Airbender)

Just a quick update and some photos: I've finally started watching Avatar - The Last Airbender, which I've been meaning to since about forever. Now my chance came when we (that is my chosen family and I) needed another TV series to watch once a week and the suggestion came up. It's such a lot of fun, and I like how the show incorporates feminist topics by letting some character make comments like "that's not for girls to do" or bringing up silly stereotypes in another way, and then showing how he is really an obnoxious git and letting him deal with the consequences. We've finished season 1 now, and I have already spun two yarns inspired by the series:

Aang

If you've watched the show or google a picture it should be obvious why I chose these colours. The yarn is soft and gorgeous, this time without any add-ins, and it's already listed in the shop.

Kyoshi Warriors

Now, these I liked a lot! A group of women warriors, powerful and witty, fighting with swords and fans. I carded a batt about a week ago and then went to look for fan charms which I really wanted in this yarn. It seemed there were none small enough for my spinning wheel orifice, but I ordered a small (and beautiful) version anyway and was lucky - they fit after all, smoothly.
So, the colour choices are based on the outfits (green, black, gold/yellow) and make-up (red eyeshadow / eye lid painting), and I added some gold sparkle, too. The yarn still needs to dry and I will list it as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails