Tuesday, December 16, 2014

16. Quidditch: Gryffindor vs. Slytherin (Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar)


"So -- after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating  "Jordan!" growled Professor McGonagall.  "I mean, after that open and revolting foul  'Jordan, I'm warning you --"  "All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Spinner, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession." 

- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling
 


Description: Another one of those with obvious colours ;-) I didnt stop at plain green and red, though, but added a bit of yellow to the Gryffindor part and a bit of white to the Slytherin part, as I did with the house yarns which I introduced earlier. I decided on spinning two seperate yarns and plying them together, regulating the tension so some parts will be dominated slightly by red and some by green - just as it’s sometimes Gryffindor who has the upper hand in the Quidditch game and sometimes Slytherin. I also added a broomstick charm to this yarn.
Fibre Types: merino wool, bamboo, linen
Colours: red, green, white, yellow
Add-Ins: red thread, broomstick charm


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails