Sunday, December 21, 2014

21. Winged Keys (Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar)


"They're not birds!" Harry said suddenly. "They're keys! Winged keys -- look carefully. So that must mean..." he looked around the chamber while the other two squinted up at the flock of keys. "... yes -- look! Broomsticks! We've got to catch the key to the door!"  

- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling

 

Description: I had to read the scene again to decide on colours, but once I did it was obvious: the key in questions is described as having bright blue wings, so I decided on blues for the wings, and greys for the castle walls of the chamber. I added blueish-turquoisish silk strips to emphasize the wings further, and I spun in silver key charms, too.
Fibre Types: merino wool
Colours: greys, blues
Add-Ins: turquoise silk strips, key charms



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails