Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mobius made from the Harry Potter Advent Calendar Art Yarns

I was very happy to chat with Katie yesterday, who purchased one of last year's Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendars, and who told me she had crocheted a mobius from all these mini skeins. She sent photos and kindly allowed me to post them here, so here we go:







At first I thought to post only a selection, but I loved to see the details in all of them, and I thought you might, too :-) I absolutely love the finished piece, and as I said to her yesterday, I think it's amazing how different things made from the same yarns can be. So exciting to see!

Katie also told me she took a photo of each day's yarn in front of a Pottermore picture showing the respective scene. I thought this was such a fantastic idea! She put these photos on her Ravelry page and gave me permission to post some of them here, as well - if you'd like to see them all, have a look at Katie's mobius on Ravelry!

Diagon Alley

Hogwarts Express

Severus Snape

You can find Katie on Ravelry, and she also has an Etsy shop where she sells really beautiful crocheted pieces - like the Saoirse The Selkie mobius, or the Robot Friends mobius (made from one of my yarns! :-))

Thank you for sharing all these lovely pictures, Katie! <3 br="">




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails