Saturday, June 19, 2010

Incapacitated

Last Wednesday, I had a bicycle accident. I seem to have had all the luck possible in that situation: my bicycle tyre got stuck in the tram track while I tried to turn left on a crossroads, but I didn't get run over, there were a lot of people who helped me get off the road and collected all my stuff, and I didn't break anything. I twisted my left ankle, though, and was in a hell of a lot of pain. If there's no improvement after one week it means I have taken damage to one or more ligaments, but since I am already in less pain I do hope that is not the case. However, I am currently unable to use a spinning wheel and I don't have any unlisted yarns left :-/ My husband is willing to make errands to the post office to take care of shipping the yarns already listed if they get sold, but creating new ones will have to wait a while. I really hope to recover quickly - I already miss spinning a lot! Also, we've already booked a trip to Norway in July and I really don't want to have to go on walking tours using crutches. Well, I will be able to row a boat, at least ;-)

2 comments:

  1. (((((hugs))))and fingers crossed that you are fit for your trip. remember the drop spindle can be fun as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch, I hope your foot is going to be ok for the trip. norway is great and even if you row the boat - you'd have to skip from one lake to the next somehow:)) or were you planning to row along the west coast?:))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails