Friday, October 1, 2010

Two Treasuries - Halloween and Dia de los Muertos

Today, I was really in the mood for creating treasuries. I haven't done so often until now, but with Halloween around the corner I wanted to see what gorgeous items Etsy had to offer, and I wanted to share my finds. I've also stumbled upon some Dia de los Muertos items recently and decided to make another treasury.



Please click on the pictures to get to the treasuries! I'd love you to click the items, comment if you like, and help getting them noticed and maybe even to the front page - that would be thrilling! :-)


When searching for Halloween items, I came upon many beautiful and fun items, but I have to admit that not many were (in my opinion) suited for a good treasury, because of the photos. I have had difficulties with taking good photos in the past, and still find it hard sometimes if the light isn't right. But I can't stress enough how important it is to take really good, clear photos, if possible without a distracting background (that's what I need to work on, too). It's also a good idea to edit photos a little, brighten them up and play around with the colour balance.
Searching for items for the treasuries has taught me something about photos, or rather reminded me of what I already heard in the past. Sometimes it's good to re-evaluate :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails