Remember my plans for an Orc Camp art yarn? It was complicated and took me quite a while what with all the searching for the right fabric, and the making of wire spirals - but it's done :-)
It's very ragged, which I love, but which I find far more difficult to accomplish than smooth yarn - and it's also got a lot to do with the choice of materials. Locks and highly textured fibre are more suitable than the average fine merino wool.
The batt I carded for this yarn consisted of spanish merino wool of natural dark brown, naturally brown Icelandic wool with locks and lots of texture, some white bluefaced leicester wool, wensleydale locks, light brown alpaca, and merino wool of rusty red. I also added copper angelina, because this kind of glitter seemed fitting even for orcs ;-)
I spun in different kinds of bone beads: smooth whitish ones, dark disks, and white skulls. I also added hand made copper spirals, and strips of cotton fabric.