Monday, May 2, 2011

Made from Art Yarn - Autumnal Shawl

Last week, we got a wonderful surprise: One of our customers shared some pictures of a shawl she made from one of our art yarns - AND she kindly allowed us to blog some of them, too. Now I finally got around to doing just that, so have a look at this amazing piece:


I love the way the art yarn and the fine yarn look together. I'd never have thought yarns of such different weight would look so stunning in combination. 



...and here's a picture of the original yarn itself, just so you don't have to go looking for it ;-)
Autumnal Subtlety


We asked for some info about about needle size and the yarns Heather combined with our art yarn, and here is what she said:
"It was a pleasure to knit! I used size 10, 29" circular needles, and combined your fabulous yarn with recycled silk sari ribbon from designtalentedone in Butterscotch Lace and kid mohair / silk lace yarn in Fern from walkcollection. One skein of each."
You can find Heather as ThePinkPirate on Etsy, and she also has a blog.
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures, Heather!

6 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! I admit I don't knit (and live in New Orleans where warm clothing is worn for about five minutes a year), but this is beautiful and inspiring! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the yarn's colours and now I love this so wonderful shawl.
    Great work, Weird & ThePinkPirate ;-)

    (There is something wrong with the link to her blog...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is weird... And I mean weird, not Weird *g* The link to the blog doesn't work the first time, but if you refresh it, it does. How odd. I really don't know what to do about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty, the way it is going around here, I could were that up until july.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just edited the link to the blog once more, now it works :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails