Thursday, May 19, 2011

Skulls in the Desert

The other day, I ordered new bone skull beads on ebay, and they arrived fairly quickly.
 

They are a little more abstract than the ones I used previously (like in this yarn, or this bookmark), but they are also smaller and therefore suitable to use in thinner yarns. Like the one I spun a few days ago:

It also contains small, sparkly seed beads of brown and honey, and I fixed the skulls with coils. I love the colours, I should experiment more with nature/earth tones :-)

Spinning in the skulls was so much fun, I have to stop myself from spinning a lot more skull yarns right away - it would be a little boring if every listing contained the same beads, after all. So, I'll spin some different yarns first, and then return to my beloved skulls ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you spin beads or swirled metal into your yarns. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails