Sunday, May 18, 2008

I love that wheel!

As Trashqueen has already noted, I positively begged her to sell me her Schippertje and she finally gave in and made me the happiest spinner on earth (at least I think so ;-)).
Today I spun my first yarns on that beautiful wheel, intending to fill our mythology collection. These two new yarns are called "Ljosalfar" and "Svartalfar" (Light-Elves and Black-/Dark-Elves), who are part of norse mythology. I especially like the Ljosalfar yarn and it is incredibly soft as well as beautiful :-)



I still have some other yarns I need to list in our shop, but my time is quite limited right now, owing to the fact that started working at an archaeological excavation last Wednesday. I have to work 8 hours a day, drive a little more than 2 hours (altogether) and it's really exhausting at the moment (but also fun!).
I took a picture of myself on Friday and I really don't look too happy - but that's not entirely true; I just need to get used to that much work ;-)
Hopefully, I'll be able to take a better/happier one next week - maybe I should do it in the morning, not after tiring myself all day *g*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails