Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween, here we come!

A few days ago I suddenly realized that Halloween is around the corner and I hadn't spun any Halloween-related yarns yet - oh my! It kind of sneaked up to me, my sense of time seems to be a little chaotic at the moment ;-)

Well, there was only one thing to be done - ah, no, two, actually:
1. buy orange beads and sequins
2. spin as many yarns as possible

As for 1., I didn't only buy orange beads and sequins, but some gorgeous other glittery items:


I am absolutely in love with the beads - they're facetted glass beads and they really glitter :-) Some of the black ones have already made it into a yarn, the silver ones would be awesome in sparkly christmas yarns :-) I also plan on using some of them on wire bookmarks in the near future.

As for 2., I managed to spin three Halloween yarns so far. Not bad for two days, but I need to spin moooore - I love Halloween :-) I plan on making some ghosts and zombie heads again, too - hopefully I'll be able to do so today or tomorrow, and spin them into yarns on the weekend.

But now, let me show you what I've done so far:



The black/orange yarn contains many of the freshly-bought orange beads and sequins, the other black one contains hand dyed curls, and the green/orange contains some of the sparkly black beads. I've already taken photos of them all, so it shouldn't take me too long to list them.

2 comments:

  1. no need for me to do halloweeny things - DS isn't keen on going to the school party anymore:)) the orange/green yarn is a bit too "pumpkiny" for my taste - but the others, yum. I think I prefer the spooky stuff (hidden goth inside my maybe?:)) keep spinning - I am having fun watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I especially love the pumpkiny one ;-)

    It's nice to hear you're having fun, so I'll post more pictures as soon as possible :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails