Sunday, December 13, 2015

13. Duelling Club (Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar)



"I wonder who'll be teaching us?" said Hermione as they edged into the chattering crowd.  Someone told me Flitwick was a duelling champion when he was young - maybe it'll be him."
"As long as it's not -" Harry began, but he ended on a groan: Gilderoy Lockhart was walking onto the stage, resplendent in robes of deep plum and accompanied by none other than Snape, wearing his usual black.

- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling





Description: I decided on dark blue and black for the darkness of the night over the great hall -the sky is described as velvety black and I think black alone can’t really convey the darkness of a night sky. I also added dark purple to represent Lockhart’s robes, golden Angelina for the golden stage they put up, and I added tiny golden stars for the magic about to happen. As we know, at the end of the lesson Draco will summon a snake which will then prompt Harry to speak Parseltongue – so I spun in a snake charm, too.
Fibre Types: merino wool, mulberry silk, linen fibre, bluefaced leicester wool, alpaca
Colours: dark blue, black, purple
Add-Ins: golden Angelina, star beads, snake charm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails