Saturday, December 19, 2015

19. Ginny’s Valentine (Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar)



Losing his head, Harry tried to make a run for it, but the dwarf seized him around the knees and brought him crashing to the floor. "Right," he said, sitting on Harry's ankles. "Here is your singing valentine:
His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,
His hair is as dark as a blackboard.
I wish he was mine, he's really divine,
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.


- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling


 


Description: Many years ago I spun a yarn called His Eyes Are as Green as a Fresh Pickled Toad, inspired by this Valentine, and I thought it was wonderful to do another version. I decided on black alpaca and the corespinning technique, resulting in a fuzzy and somewhat chaotic structure to represent Harry’s untidy hair. I spun in bright green glass beads for the eyes and the toad – and I will leave the divinity up to interpretation ;-)
Fibre Types
: alpaca
Colours: black, green
Add-Ins: sewing thread, glass beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails