Monday, December 7, 2015

7. Oh No - a Howler (Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar)



Ron was pointing at the red envelope. It looked quite ordinary to Harry, but Ron and Neville were both looking at it as though they expected it to explode. "What's the matter?" said Harry. "She's - she's sent me a Howler," said Ron faintly. "You'd better open it, Ron," said Neville in a timid whisper. "It'll be worse if you don't My gran sent me one once, and I ignored it and" - he gulped - "it was horrible." Harry looked from their petrified faces to the red envelope. "What's a Howler?" he said. But Ron's whole attention was fixed on the letter, which had begun to smoke at the corners.

- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling


Description: Again, the colour choice was obvious. I chose slightly different tones of read to give the yarn more depth, and to convey the urgent smouldering. I chose different fibres, too, to make it more interesting. There’s some shiny silk in there, and of course I spun in an envelope charm.
Fibre Types
: merino wool, tussah silk, bamboo fibre
Colours: tones of red
Add-Ins: sewing thread, envelope charm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails