Friday, December 4, 2015

4. Ron’s Room (Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar)



Harry stepped in, his head almost touching the sloping ceiling, and blinked. It was like walking into a furnace: Nearly everything in Ron's room seemed to be a violent shade of orange: the bedspread, the walls, even the ceiling. Then Harry realized that Ron had covered nearly every inch of the shabby wallpaper with posters of the same seven witches and wizards, all wearing bright orange robes, carrying broomsticks, and waving energetically. "Your Quidditch team?" said Harry. "The Chudley Cannons," said Ron, pointing at the orange bedspread, which was emblazoned with two giant black C's and a speeding cannonball. "Ninth in the league."

- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling




Description: The colour choice was clear ;-) I needed the brightest orange I could find, which is the one I usually use for my Halloween yarns. I also thought canon balls would make a perfect addition, no surprise there – and I had just the thing: large, matte black glass beads. I wanted the yarn uneven and textured, lively like the Chudley Cannons.
Fibre Types
: merino wool, linen fibre
Colours: bright orange
Add-Ins: sewing thread, matte black glass beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails