Wednesday, December 2, 2015

2. The Floating Pudding (Harry Potter Art Yarn Advent Calendar)



Harry ran up the hall into the kitchen and felt his stomach disappear. Aunt Petunia's masterpiece of a pudding, the mountain of cream and sugared violets, was floating up near the ceiling. On top of a cupboard in the corner crouched Dobby. "No," croaked Harry. "Please ... they'll kill me ... „Harry Potter must say he's not going back to school -" "Dobby ... please ...“
"Say it, sir -" "I can't -" Dobby gave him a tragic look. "Then Dobby must do it, sir, for Harry Potter's own good."
 

- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling



 
Description: I thought long about the sugared violets, and whether to spin in textile flowers, but as I couldn’t find any suitable ones I decided on contrasting coils instead. The yarn had to be plied for this, which I had intended anyway to represent the fluffy whipped cream.
Fibre Types
: lambs wool, merino wool.
Colours: wool white, dark purple
Add-Ins: lots of contrasting coils, sewing thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails